In a recent Delaware Chancery Court case, the court declined to grant a preliminary injunction to enforce a noncompetition covenant against a California resident and former employee, finding the covenant would be unenforceable under California law, despite an explicit choice of law provision in the relevant contract designating Delaware law as the governing law of
Ingrid Rechtin provides strategic legal advice to public and private companies in the life sciences, technology, energy, consumer goods and manufacturing sectors, ranging from start-ups to global corporations.
Her experience includes:
- joint ventures
- mergers and acquisitions, including product divestitures
- venture capital investments (including corporate venture capital)
- financings, including development funding transactions
- licensing and complex commercial transactions
- general corporate matters.
In addition, Ingrid has advised on numerous strategic investments in IP, including acquisitions and divestitures of patent portfolios and complex patent monetization transactions.